Education: Lebedeva Tatiana Mikhailovna, Associate Professor, Ph.D.
Research: Nikolaev Oleg Olegovich, Associate Professor, Ph.D.
Telephones: +7(812) 316-55-74, +7(812) 494-93-60.
The department trains:
- Specialists (engineers) in specialty 240801 (170500) — Machinery and Equipment for the Chemical Industry
- Ph. D.s and Drs Sc. in specialty 05.17.06 — Technology and Processing of Polymers and Composites
The department trains mechanical engineers in designing and processing of polymers into products and parts. It is the only department of this field in the North-West region. Graduates of the department work in national and foreign companies in many countries of the world, in research institutes, in private enterprises which they took an active part in founding.
The education process is based on the combination of disciplines of mechanical and polymeric cycle which enables to gain universal knowledge in the field of equipment and plastics processing. Students successively study the whole technological cycle of products manufacturing. The following courses are available:
- Physics and Mechanics of Polymeric Materials
- Polymer Science
- Composite Materials
- Technology of Polymer Processing
- Special Technological Processes in the Polymeric Materials Industry
- Equipment for the Polymeric Materials Industry
- Engineering Design for the Polymeric Materials Industry
- Mathematical Modeling of Technical Entities
- Repair and Installation of Technological Equipment
- Polymer Products Design, Project Engineering for Mechanical Facilities and Tools
- Principles of Polymer Products Design
- Engineering and Design of Molding Tools for Polymers
- САD/CАМ/САЕ Software in Project Engineering for Mechanical Facilities and Tools
- Databases and Algorithms
- Principles of Styling and Industrial Design
- Theory of Efficient Use of Resources and Energy Saving
- Principles of Qualimetry in Chemical Engineering and Technology
- Environment Monitoring
In 2002 the International Centre for training and retraining of specialists in the field of plastics processing was opened at the department with the support of the German company «Demag Plastservice». Nowadays leading companies from different countries take part in the work of the centre.